Friday 1 November 2013

re.commend: Urban Decay 'haul'!

A new Debenhams store opened up recently in my local area and I (just happened to be) passing by it so I thought I'd pop in to have a peruse of the beauty counters. I ended up buying a faux-leather jacket from Star by Julian MacDonald (not my usual content but can tell you more about this if you like - leave me a comment if you do!) and spending quite a bit of time at the Urban Decay counter. I was treated to a free makeover that was being offered that day and was given a lovely little makeup bag with free samples when I purchased the Naked 2 palette and a Revolution lipstick.


From my makeover I was given a little card with all the details of the products that the makeup artist used. I chose to try out the Naked foundation (very impressed with the natural looking, medium coverage), Supercurl mascara (kept a curl wonderfully but quick a thick formula, similar to the Benefit They're Real), Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner (good longevity, very glittery!!), and 24/7 Glide on eye pencil (already a fan, but expensive compared to Rimmel ones that are just as good).


In my little good-bag (the bag itself is not shown here but is a hand-sized white and black makeup pouch with a zip closure) I received a tester set of four Revolution lipsticks in popular shades, a mini Naked BB cream, and a mini Primer Potion - great for travelling as I already love these!

So, on with my purchases! I bought the Naked 2 palette. I have actually been using a Naked 2 palette sparingly since last Christmas and wasn't terribly impressed....until I found out this week that it's not a real one! I will be doing a post soon about the differences between the two palettes now that I have a genuine one, but let's say for now that I am extremely glad to have bought the real deal and have been using it a lot more. The palette comes with a mini lipgloss in the shade Naked.

You must have heard already, but the Naked palettes are just very good quality for the price - very soft (but not powdery), unique and wearable shades. There are pictures and swatches allll over the web, so I won't bore you again with them here, but my most used shades have been Half-baked (incomparable to the fake version), YDK, Suspect and Snakebite.

I also bought another Revolution lipstick - I already have two shades a proper review of these is in the making (well, you know it's going to be favourable!) This time I opted for Streak which is a natural peach-pink colour). If you've ready other posts of mine you'll know that I rarely get on with peachy lipsticks as it seems to highlight any dryness on my lips. The same is true of this one, however I have recently discovered the wonders of Bepanthen for lips and now peach is no problem! I have a review of this for you elsewhere on my blog :)

All in all I'm very pleased with my little Haul from Urban Decay, and think it's rather dangerous that I no longer need to travel for an hour to find a counter...

At Debenhams in the UK at the moment there is an offer where you get a £10 gift voucher back if you spend £50. I made my two transactions separately (makeup and jacket) and so benefited from this twice - they'll be going towards Christmas presents!







No comments:

Post a Comment